TERM: 1 year – special term, to align term expiry with the Chairperson expiry. Option of seeking re-election for up to two 2 year terms.
PAYMENT: this is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
COMMITMENT: monthly board meetings, quarterly workshop days, attendance at AGMs and regular meetings with committees
EXPENSES: expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy
APPOINTMENT PROCESS: voted on to the board by Lacrosse Scotland members at the AGM. Nominations must be received by 28th February 2020 and must be submitted on the Lacrosse Scotland Nomination Form.
Lacrosse is a small, but very exciting, sport and Lacrosse Scotland is committed to developing our player base in Scotland across all ages and at all levels. Lacrosse has Olympic recognition and our strategic plan has been developed to retain and grow membership, build foundations for successful performance, promote our brand and our sport, while delivering lacrosse to all within a strong and safe framework. You’ll work most closely with the Chairperson and Finance Director, but will also oversee one or more committees to ensure that our officials and coaches are supported and developed. The ideal candidate will be a team player, approachable and flexible with excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- With specific responsibility for coaches and officials
- Manage one or more committees to create sustainable coaching and officiating pathways
- Support the Chairperson and deputise as required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, with leadership ability
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational ability
- Experience of managing volunteers