Phase 3: LACROSSE SCOTLAND GUIDELINES
Effective from: 10 JULY 2020
Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced – ensure you have checked the latest version of our Covid-19 guidance.
The guidance below has been produced to allow a phased return to Lacrosse in Scotland, where practice individually or games with members of your household or between members of two households can take place. All players and clubs have a responsibility to take care of themselves and their members. We are working hard with sportscotland and the Scottish Government on moving to the next phases and will keep members up to date as soon as we know the next policies.
Please refer to the Lacrosse Scotland website and social media for further updates and enjoy getting back on the field or in the box safely and with consideration to others around you.
Key Dates for Sport
For all Clubs, Teams, Players, and Supporters
These guidelines apply to Scotland only and have been produced in line with the Government guidance on public spaces, outdoor activity and exercise published on 9 July 2020.
The key dates for sport are:
- Friday 10 July
- Face coverings: Mandatory (with limited exceptions) on public transport and in shops
- Outdoor groups: Up to 15 people, from up to 5 households can gather outdoors, with physical distancing maintained between households.
- Indoor groups: Up to 8 people, from up to 3 households can gather indoors (inc. overnight stays), with physical distancing maintained between households and avoiding creating ‘bridges’ between households.
- Total contact per day: Whether indoor or outdoor, for adults total contacts per day should be with a maximum of 4 other households. For under 18s there is no limit on total number of households per day.
- Children: Children 11 or under don’t need to maintain physical distancing indoor or outdoor.
- Monday 13 July
- Children’s sport: Organised outdoor contact sports, play and physical activity can resume for young people under 18 (subject to guidance)
- Youth work: Face-to-face youth work can resume outdoors.
- Wednesday 15 July
- Childcare: All childcare providers can open.
- Indoor hospitality: Can open subject to physical distancing and compliance with Scottish Government Tourism and Hospitality guidance.
- Wednesday 22 July
- Universities and colleges: Phased return to on campus learning as part of a blended model with remote teaching.
- Not before Friday 31 July (Update will be provided on 30 July. Dates for implementation may be later)
- Indoor sports facilities: Opening of indoor gyms and other indoor sports facilities.
- Outdoor adult contact sport: Resumption of non-professional adult outdoor contact sports.
- Offices: Non-essential offices can re-open. Working from home and working flexibly remain the default.
- Tuesday 11 August
- Schools: Ambition remains that children will be able to return to school full time. The blended model of schooling remains a contingency plan.