Most of the working groups are self-explanatory, but some bullet points have been provided to give you a better idea of what each group would be doing.
Rules & Umpiring working group & Refereeing working group
- Responsible for training, testing & development of LS Rules & officials.
- Liaise with FIL & ELF re officials for international events.
- Organise officials for representative matches in Scotland & identify officials for Home Internationals.
- Liaise with equivalent officials in other countries re. rules and interpretations, experimental rules etc.
- Represent Scotland at FIL Officiating meetings and conferences as may be required from time to time, or appoint a delegate to do so.
- Work to develop and understanding from players and coaches of all levels of the rules and their application to the game.
Men’s league / fixtures working group & Women’s league / fixtures working group
Assist LS Board to
- Create League fixtures for men’s, women’s and mixed competitions, for field and indoor lacrosse
- Manage club and player registration forms at the start of the season.
- Collate registrations
- Receive team sheets and process match results
- Maintain league table
- Update league rules as may be appropriate each season
Women’s clubs representative & Men’s clubs representative
- Represent the actions and interests of clubs playing field and indoor lacrosse within Scotland to the Lacrosse Scotland board and to contribute to the running of the game in Scotland.
- To circulate information from Lacrosse Scotland to the clubs and gather information from the clubs for Lacrosse Scotland.
- Liaise with all clubs playing within Scotland
- Act as the clubs first point of contact in any matters relating to the running of the game, and escalate or communicate to and from the Lacrosse Scotland Board
- Co-ordinate senior school fixtures and tournaments, including communicating school fixtures to LS Board for inclusion in the overall calendar
- Disseminate information from Lacrosse Scotland to member schools
- Feedback from member schools to Lacrosse Scotland
- Keep member schools abreast of developments within lacrosse including rule changes etc
- Communicate coaching needs / requests
- Communicate umpire development needs / requests
- Communicate schools’ fixtures – liaise with Rules & Umpiring re testing opportunities e.g. at schools fixtures, tournaments
Membership working group
- Manage membership subscriptions – registration, payment of fees, ensuring that league players and national players are members, keeping the membership records current.
- Track & acknowledge any donations made via membership forms.
- Ensure that LS can report membership stats and breakdown to sportscotland (for example).
- Work with the Board to implement a tool to assist in membership management
Equipment working group
- Manage the hire and return of LS equipment e.g. to start up schools, development days, developing clubs.
- Manage and track cups / trophies and ensure that they are returned and engraved (by LS or the holder).
- Ensure that, as appropriate they are returned (polished) for presentation at the relevant event especially where a representative team has won a trophy e.g. Robertson cup (Scotland v Wales annual match at Home Internationals).
LS website & social media working group
Work with the Board to see how to get the LS website to
- better meet the needs of the LS members (playing and supporters)
- be a “shop window” that attracts sponsors / business partners
- promote the sport
- be the place to go for easy to find information about lacrosse in Scotland
- help with some of the admin tasks
- assist with the yet to be written LS Communications Strategy
Keep the website information and links current
Communication & social media working group
- Help LS to carry out structured communications using appropriate media
- Use appropriate (social) media to promote LS, various lacrosse events and activities
- Input to a communications strategy
- Consider ways to best communicate with all members
- Use social media appropriately and responsibly while promoting all things lacrosse
- Manage the Child Protection requirements for LS
- Keep abreast of changes to Child Protection and advise clubs and coaches
- Ensure that clubs & coaches have appropriate Child Protection qualifications
- Keep Child Protection qualifications up to date
- Manage Child Protection issues
- Manage the Anti-Doping requirements for LS
- Keep abreast of changes to Anti-Doping and advise national squads
- Be the national squads first point of contact for Anti-Doping and TUE support
- Be the Anti-Doping point of contact for communication with the Federation of International Lacrosse
Development working group
- This group will work closely with one or more of Women’s / Men’s Development Directors
- Co-ordinate & carry out coaching sessions
- Identify potential schools and clubs which might be interested
- Ensure that equipment is available for sessions
- Ensure that coaches have the required PVG documents
- Ensure that coaches have the required coaching awards
Events working group
- Liaise with fixtures group to schedule events e.g. Macrobert, Clubs tournament, Final 4s
- Liaise with officiating group to agree the officiating requirements
- Plan events from marketing / advertising through to event delivery
- Create budgets for all events
- Recruit volunteers to help to deliver the event “on the day”
- Work closely with venue to deliver events in accordance with the rules of the game e.g. legally marked pitches
- Carry out risk assessment where appropriate and create mitigation plan – what-if checks