Date: Saturday 28th March 2020
Time: 12 noon
Venue: Laurie Liddell Clubhouse, Large Meeting Room, Peffermill Playing Fields, Edinburgh EH16 5LL
Please register your attendance or apologies online in advance so that we have confirmed numbers for seating and for catering.
Please find the AGM pack below which contains
- Draft AGM 2019 minutes
- Company Accounts 2017/18
- Company Accounts 2018/19
- Ordinary Resolution 1: Membership fees for 2020-21
- Ordinary Resolution 2: Appointment of Auditors
- Special Resolution 1: Adoption of new articles of association by the Company and transition of existing Board
- Appointment of further Directors to the Board (assuming the Company has adopted the New Articles pursuant to special resolution 1)
- Appointment of further Directors to the Board (assuming the Company does not adopt the New Articles pursuant to special resolution 1)
Please note that we have “gone green” and will not be providing paper copies at the AGM.
The informal post-AGM sessions are scheduled to end no later than 2.30pm and will cover topics that the membership has suggested as well as a short presentation about the Development Plans for 2020-21.
Here is the AGM 2020 Proxy Form for those who cannot attend, but still want to vote.
Please remember to send club representatives to the fixtures meeting at 11:00am.
The agenda may look a bit confusing. This is because there are changes to the Articles of Association and Board structure and we have to approach this in a specific order. The wording is not in Plain English as it has to be in formal language which a lawyer has provided for us. In Plain English / layman’s terms: we will vote on the new articles (agenda point 7). The proposed change is to provide a flexible structure enabling the Board to react to the changing needs of the organisation without having to frequently change the Articles.
- If the proposed Articles are passed, then the AGM will run from that point on, using the new Articles, so the Board positions will reflect that e.g. we can appoint a Vice Chairperson and 2 other nominated Directors. This is agenda point 8. We will not need agenda point 9 and a statement to that effect will be minuted.
- If the proposed Articles are not passed, then the AGM will run from that point on, using the current Articles, so the Board positions will reflect that e.g. we can appoint 3 nominated Directors. This is agenda point 9. We will not need agenda point 8 and a statement to that effect will be minuted.
This background to these changes was presented at a Board Phone-In in January to which the full membership was invited.
Election of Directors