Date: Saturday 18th April 2020
Time: 12 noon
Venue: Online Meeting – details will be sent to everyone who registers using the register attendance button below
Please find the AGM pack below which contains
- Draft AGM 2019 minutes
- Company Accounts 2017/18
- Company Accounts 2018/19
- Ordinary Resolution 1: Membership fees for 2020-21
- Ordinary Resolution 2: Appointment of Auditors
- Special Resolution 1: Adoption of new articles of association by the Company and transition of existing Board
- Appointment of further Directors to the Board (assuming the Company has adopted the New Articles pursuant to special resolution 1)
- Appointment of further Directors to the Board (assuming the Company does not adopt the New Articles pursuant to special resolution 1)
Please register your attendance or apologies using the appropriate button below. We also need to know who is carrying the group votes which clubs are entitled to, if they have paid the Lacrosse Scotland membership fee before 21st March 2020. If you are unable to attend and want to use your proxy vote, please complete and return the proxy form by 12 noon on 16th April 2020.
The agenda may look a bit confusing. This is because there are changes to the Articles of Association and Board structure and we have to approach this in a specific order. The wording is not in Plain English as it has to be in formal language which a lawyer has provided for us. In Plain English / layman’s terms: we will vote on the new articles (agenda point 7). The proposed change is to provide a flexible structure enabling the Board to react to the changing needs of the organisation without having to frequently change the Articles.
- If the proposed Articles are passed, then the AGM will run from that point on, using the new Articles, so the Board positions will reflect that e.g. we can appoint a Vice Chairperson and 2 other nominated Directors. This is agenda point 8. We will not need agenda point 9 and a statement to that effect will be minuted.
- If the proposed Articles are not passed, then the AGM will run from that point on, using the current Articles, so the Board positions will reflect that e.g. we can appoint 3 nominated Directors. This is agenda point 9. We will not need agenda point 8 and a statement to that effect will be minuted.
This background to these changes was presented at a Board Phone-In in January to which the full membership was invited.
Election of Directors
* Indicates a change from the information in the March AGM Pack