Director – with responsibility for governance
TERM: 2 years, with option of seeking re-election for further 2 years
PAYMENT: this is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
COMMITMENT: monthly board meetings, quarterly workshop days, attendance at AGMs and regular meetings with committees
EXPENSES: expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy
APPOINTMENT PROCESS: voted on to the board by Lacrosse Scotland members at the AGM. Nominations must be received by 28th February 2020 and must be submitted on the Lacrosse Scotland Nomination Form.
Lacrosse is a small, but very exciting, sport and Lacrosse Scotland is committed to developing our player base in Scotland across all ages and at all levels. Lacrosse has Olympic recognition and part of our strategic plan is to put in place a strong governance framework to facilitate the safe delivery of our sport. You’ll oversee one or more committees to assist in the regular review of governance, policies and procedures, identify gaps and ensure best practice is maintained. The ideal candidate will have a good eye for detail and the ability to communicate complex policy requirements in Plain English.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- With specific responsibility for any governance elements
- Manage one or more committees
- Review governance, policies and procedures regularly to identify gaps and ensure best practice is maintained
- Maintain the Lacrosse Scotland procedures guidelines to facilitate onboarding, exiting and succession of directors and committee personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex subjects in Plain English
- Team player, with leadership ability
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Well-organised, detail-oriented