Director – with responsibility for fixtures & events
TERM: 2 years, with option of seeking re-election for further 2 years
PAYMENT: this is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
COMMITMENT: monthly board meetings, quarterly workshop days, attendance at AGMs and regular meetings with committees
EXPENSES: expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy
APPOINTMENT PROCESS: voted on to the board by Lacrosse Scotland members at the AGM. Nominations must be received by 28th February 2020 and must be submitted on the Lacrosse Scotland Nomination Form.
Lacrosse is a small, but very exciting, sport and Lacrosse Scotland is committed to developing our player base in Scotland across all ages and at all levels. Lacrosse has Olympic recognition and part of our strategic plan is to put in place an ambitious fixtures and events programme to increase engagement and participation in the sport. You’ll oversee one or more committees to assist in the creation, co-ordination and implementation of the events and fixtures programme, identify opportunities to improve the domestic competition framework and work closely with other directors to identify opportunities to create fixtures for playing hubs.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- With specific responsibility for any events and fixtures elements
- Manage one or more committees
- Create an events and fixtures framework to engage our members and attract new members
- Produce and manage domestic fixtures e.g. League Fixtures
- Organise events e.g. tournaments and triennial Home Internationals
- Work with other Director(s) to promote events to increase exposure of the sport
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, with leadership ability
- Ability to implement alternative solutions to satisfy different needs and development levels
- Good inter-personal skills
- Experience of managing volunteers