Director – with responsibility for development & performance
TERM: 2 years, with option of seeking re-election for further 2 years
PAYMENT: this is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
COMMITMENT: monthly board meetings, quarterly workshop days, attendance at AGMs and regular meetings with committees
EXPENSES: expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy
APPOINTMENT PROCESS: voted on to the board by Lacrosse Scotland members at the AGM. Nominations must be received by 28th February 2020 and must be submitted on the Lacrosse Scotland Nomination Form.
Lacrosse is a small, but very exciting, sport and Lacrosse Scotland is committed to developing our player base in Scotland across all ages and at all levels. Lacrosse has Olympic recognition and part of our strategic plan is to put in place an ambitious development and performance programme to increase engagement and participation in the sport across schools and clubs in Scotland, which will in turn increase the size and depth of our National training pool. You’ll oversee one or more committees to assist in the creation, co-ordination and implementation of a structured development programme, identify opportunities to improve the domestic competition framework and build foundations for successful performance. This involves working closely with other directors, National Coaches and promoting opportunities provided by the Talent Pathway.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- With specific responsibility for any development and performance elements
- Manage one or more committees
- Introduce lacrosse to new schools, universities, clubs and cities/areas across Scotland
- Promote and deliver the Talent Pathway
- Increase the number of people playing lacrosse in Scotland, thus increasing membership
- Work with other Director(s) to increase exposure of the sport
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, with leadership ability
- Ability to implement alternative solutions to satisfy different needs and development levels
- Good inter-personal skills
- Experience of managing volunteers