Director – with responsibility for business development / sponsorship
TERM: 2 years, with option of seeking re-election for further 2 years
PAYMENT: this is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
COMMITMENT: monthly board meetings, quarterly workshop days, attendance at AGMs and regular meetings with committees
EXPENSES: expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy
APPOINTMENT PROCESS: voted on to the board by Lacrosse Scotland members at the AGM. Nominations must be received by 28th February 2020 and must be submitted on the Lacrosse Scotland Nomination Form.
Lacrosse is a small, but very exciting, sport and Lacrosse Scotland is committed to developing our player base in Scotland across all ages and at all levels. Lacrosse has Olympic recognition and part of our strategic plan includes an ambitious business plan. You’ll oversee one or more committees to assist in the creation, co-ordination and implementation of a structured networking and sponsorship strategy to increase the overall investment in Lacrosse Scotland and increase our profile in Scotland and beyond. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in business development.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- With specific responsibility for any business development elements
- Manage one or more committees
- Promote and enforce Lacrosse Scotland branding guidelines
- Identify new business opportunities
- Develop new relationships to grow the business and help the organisation expand
- Increase investment in Lacrosse Scotland
- Team player, with leadership ability
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Previous business development experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented