Level 1 Coaching Award
The UKCC Level 1 coaching course is a vocational qualification which will prepare the learner for Lacrosse coaching employment (voluntary or paid), certified by 1st 4 Sport and is recognised by the Scottish Qualiciation Authority (SQA), and Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
Level 1 - Coaching Assistant
As with every UKCC coaching qualification, the Level 1 prepares you to be deployed as a coaching assistant. Upon completion, this will allow successful candidates to work alongside a UKCC Level 2 coach in a coaching assistant capacity.
What does the course do for me?
• How to communicate with players
• How to set up a safe practical session (including Health & Safety)
• Introduction to how people learn
• An awareness of individual skills, techniques, basic tactics and fun games
• Introduction to different styles of coaching
• Allows you to do some coaching
• 16 years or older on day of certification
• 1 day Coaching Skills Practical and Theory
• Coaching theory home study pack
• 3 Session plans signed off by qualified coach or teacher
• 1 day Visual assessment with feedback and action plan
What do I get from the course?
• Set up a safe practical session
• An awareness of individual skills and techniques
• An awareness of tactics
• Deliver a section of a planned practice session
Does it count towards a coaching course if I decide to go further?
• Yes, it is a pre-requisite for Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Lacrosse.
How do I get involved?
View the coaching tabs on the top of this page and select 'Upcoming Courses' to chose the course you wish to attend. This will also show you the cost. You then need to complete the registration form to pay and attend the course